|Chit Value||Number Of Months||Monthly Instalment||Maximum Bid Limit||Approximate Dividend|
|₹ 5,00,000||40||₹ 12,500||40%||₹ 1,00,000|
|₹ 9,00,000||30||₹ 3,0,000||30%||₹ 1,80,000|
|₹ 10,00,000||40||₹ 25,000||40%||₹ 2,32,500|
|₹ 15,00,000||30||₹ 50,000||30%||₹ 2,80,000|
|₹ 15,00,000||40||₹ 37,500||40%||₹ 3,00,000|
|₹ 20,00,000||40||₹ 50,000||40%||₹ 4,60,000|
|₹ 25,00,000||40||₹ 62,500||40%||₹ 5,90,000|
|₹ 25,00,000||50||₹ 50,000||40%||₹ 5,96,000|
|₹ 30,00,000||30||₹ 1,00,000||30%||₹ 6,10,000|
|₹ 40,00,000||40||₹ 1,00,000||40%||₹ 7,80,000|
|₹ 50,00,000||40||₹ 1,25,000||40%||₹ 12,80,000|
|₹ 50,00,000||50||₹ 1,00,000||40%||₹ 13,20,000|
|₹ 1,00,00,000||40||₹ 2,50,000||40%||₹ 25,00,000|
|₹ 5,00,00,000||40||₹ 12,50,000||40%||₹ 1,00,00,000|
A Chit group refers to a specified number of members agreeing to subscribe a specified amount for a specified period. For example, 40 members, 40 months, Rs.5000/- a month. The number of members and the number of months are to be the same.
CHIT provides a good source of finance for different type of people viz., small investors, businessmen, small scale industrialists etc. CHIT is a good means of savings for any contingency requiring substantial amount. It serves all persons whether they desire for savings or borrowing to meet extraordinary expenses on special occasions like Marriages, Construction of houses , business , Education etc., Adequate care is necessary to choose a suitable Group. The selection of a particular Group, largely depends on the subscriber’s capacity to provide surplus funds month after month from his normal income for this purpose. This aspect is very important for the subscriber as well as the company’s point of view to avoid any embarrassment at the time of releasing the prize money or in releasing chit instalments month after month.
Any person under the Act responsible for the conduct of the chit and includes any Person, such as branch manager, discharging his functions.
No. It is valid only for the duration of a CHIT GROUP and until the liabilities of subscribers to foreman or vice versa are discharged or paid in full.
To save in small amounts to receive a lump sum during the period of chit. To borrow the future savings in advance. Some subscribers join chit funds to borrow and others to save.
The Chit agreement is a contract between the foreman and the individual subscribers to a chit group. It is a set of bye-laws or regulations dealing with the procedure for the conduct of chits. It will be signed in duplicate, duly witnessed. The chit agreements shall contain the name and address of the subscriber, the number of tickets allotted to him, the number of instalments and the instalment amount payable, the interest/penalty for delayed payment, the probable date of commencement of chit and its duration, the manner of deciding the prize winner at each instalment, the maximum discount to be foregone at each instalment, the mode and proportion of dividend and foreman's commission, the date, time and place of auction, the instalment at which the foreman is to get the chit amount, the name of the bank, the security to be furnished by prized subscriber etc., Though each subscriber is supposed to sign the chit agreement, in practice, each subscriber signs a declaration in the application form that he has read and understood the terms and conditions of the Chit Agreement. The declaration of all the subscribers are detached from the application form, pasted in a piece of paper and filed with the registrar.
The subscribers have to fill in an application form furnishing particulars of their names, residential and office addresses, approximate gross monthly salary, names of nominees and their relationship to them. They also have to sign the declaration that they have read and understood the terms & conditions of the Chit Agreement.
1. LIC/SBI/POSTAL Policy Pledge Surrender value of only LIC/SBI/POSTAL policy , Family Members equal to the value of future liability to be assigned in Favour of DHANALAKSHMI SRINIVASAN CHIT FUNDS (P) LTD.
2. NSC/KVP/PLI Pledge Subscriber’s NSC /KVP/PLI face value equal to future liability to be pledge in favour of DHANALAKSHMI SRINIVASAN CHIT FUNDS (P) LTD as security.
3. BANK GUARANTEE Bank Guarantee of Nationalised or Scheduled banks equal to the value of future liability with validity of up to 3months after the termination of the chit group is also acceptable.
4. FIXED DEPOSIT LIEN FD’s of Nationalised or Scheduled Bank for any amount per subscriber to be lien in favour of DHANALAKSHMI SRINIVASAN CHIT FUNDS (P) LTD till the termination of the chit.
5. PRIZE MONEY AS FD In the event of subscriber not able to provide security the PRIZE MONEY can be made as FD in the joint name of DHANALAKSHMI SRINIVASAN CHIT FUNDS (P) LTD. with the concerned subscriber.
6. NON PRIZE CHIT PLEDGE Paid up value of Non –Prized pass books could also be pledged (Less Foreman’s Commission ) will be considered as security.
7. PROPERTY MORTGAGE Properties approved by our legal expert and valued by our valuator. The approved properties have to be register mortgaged with the concerned Sub – Registrar to cover the Future Liability.
Auction: Member can directly participate in the Auction of his own Chit and become successful bidder.